The good news is that you don’t have to born again (at least not for now). In your current condition you can reinvent yourself and create a new -super, updated- version of you!
These are the 7 steps to reinvent yourself:
- Stop for a moment in your everyday life. You need to look within yourself.
- Close your eyes. Focus and visualize the better version of you, in the future, and look closely.
- Describe your skills, virtues, attitudes, and values you see in yourself (in the better version of you.)
- Make a detailed list of skills, virtues, attitudes, and values you see in you.
- Once the list is complete, compare your current skills, virtues, attitudes, and values with those you visualized, and highlight the differences.
- Prioritize the areas to work on (skills, virtues, attitudes, and values you see in your future you that you currently don’t have.)
- Write them down as a goal and set a date when you think you can reach that goal
Let’s see some examples:
If in the improved you, you see yourself more sociable or you visualize yourself in a relationship, you can set a goal such as: “By December 1st, 2014 I will meet 20 people from which to choose 5 friends”.
Another alternative can be: “I am going to register in a match program to meet new people and by December 1st, 2014 I will go on at least 5 dates”.
On the other hand, if the improved version of you requires learning a new work skill, there are many ways to achieve that. I like the idea of online training which for me is where the future of education lies. One of my favorite blogs these days is www.lifehacker.com which has a session called Lifehacker University. There you can find a list of online courses -most of which are free, that will help you shape your professional profile.
Most of us have the power to reinvent ourselves, in all areas of our lives. Other people can reach results faster with the assistance of a life coach using a coaching program like Life Strategy Creator.
Remember that if nothing changes, nothing changes.
Translated by: flowingwordxlation