One of the most beneficial drinks is just there, easily accessible by anyone. I am talking about water, which is the source of life par excellence. Did you know that our body is made up of water in almost 60%? That is not a coincidence. I think part of the worldwide problem with obesity is mostly due to very low intake of water and an excessive consumption of drinks with high sugar content.
The 8 Main Benefits of Drinking Water:
- Water increases our productivity level. That is possible thanks to the fact that the brain is properly hydrated with the outcome of a greater level of concentration and awareness. Water is a favorable means to transfer electricity. Mental impulses are small electric flashes produced by a bio-chemical reaction, which is faster done by a properly hydrated brain. The result is that we think faster and we keep the right level of focus.
- Water creates greater physical energy as it lubricates the muscles and conveys oxygen to cells in the muscles.
- It regulates the body’s temperature.
- Reduces the appetite, regulates the body weight, and increases the metabolism. This then favors having a better body weight.
- Prevents retention of fluids in the body.
- Prevents illness and diseases such as common cold and colon cancer.
- In general it improves the immunology system.
- Improves your skin and your appearance as it conveys oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
Also remember that and excess of water in your body can reduce the amount of minerals and electrolytes. The weight of the body is proportional to the amount of water to drink. That is, an individual with a big body type or size needs more water than someone who is thin. The formula to use water is calculated as:
Body weight (in pounds) / (2) = Amount of daily water intake in ounces.
Someone whose weight is 175 pounds should drink 87 ounces of water (roughly 8 glasses).
Remember to drink water before eating and wait at least 2 hours to drink again after a meal.
It is not advisable to drink water while eating: This will help with chewing and the digestive process.
When you wake up in the morning, drink at least 20% of the total amount of water for the day. This will regulate your body temperature and will inject more energy in you!